Culture

Long Grove Chocolate Fest Is a Huge Disappoinment

May 17, 2015
By
Long Grove Chocolate Fest Is a Huge Disappoinment

The Long Grove Chocolate Fest has always been full of chocolate festivities, chocolate products and production done right before your eyes. This was not the case this year, it was more like a merchant fest. The organizers decided to make a few changes, which lead to big disappointments by the attendees. First of all,...

Read more »

Two Gringos in Panama and The Pirate Islands.

May 13, 2015
By

The adventures of two Americans on the isthmus of Panama. March 2015. True story. If you are heading to Panama, there are a few things you should prepare for: mosquitos, garbage, tolls, hot weather with certain scarceness of a/c and very little beaches. People in general are very friendly, they are eager to help...

Read more »

Ms. Ukrainian Diaspora 2014 to help Ukraine

September 29, 2014
By

Ms. Ukrainian Diaspora 2014 beauty pageant took place this year on September 27 at the Copernicus Center in Chicago. Hundreds of people filled the theater eager to see which one of the beauties will win this year’s contest. This was a fundraising event designed to send help to Ukraine. It was heart warming to...

Read more »

THE LEGENDS AND MYTHS of SAN FRANCISCO

September 10, 2013
By

Ahh, San Francisco, the city by the Bay, so colorful, so pretty, so different and desired. So many people dream about visiting it and even more aspire to live in this illusive city. Having lived in San Francisco Bay Area for more than 10 years, I feel compelled to write about the true San...

Read more »

True Bay Area hippie tells all about the 70s in “A Decade in the Life of Dr. Zorro”.

July 25, 2013
By
True Bay Area hippie tells all about the 70s in “A Decade in the Life of Dr. Zorro”.

“Not the slightest drop of lie”, “This is how it was” says Patrick Killeen about his self-expose of true hippie adventures of himself (disguised as Dr. Zorro in the story) and his friend Dutch from Bay Area that took them hitchhiking all the way to Europe exploring every drug and sex orgy that they...

Read more »

Finally, Election Ballot: Prop 37 is a YES!!

October 12, 2012
By
Finally, Election Ballot: Prop 37 is a YES!!

I waited a long time for this year’s election ballot! The anticipation was building up. Not because of the presidential candidates, not because of where the state funds will go, not because of the prison sentencing (how did that get on there?). But because of Prop 37, the single most important piece of legislation...

Read more »

Happy March 8th, International Women’s Day!

March 8, 2012
By

Watchdogs, ICEA and Oksana Yoga celebrate International Women’s Day. This is the day to honor women: mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, neighbors, teachers – anyone who is a woman. Women have come a long way in history and there is still a long way to go. Shower them with flowers, chocolate and good deeds....

Read more »

Occupy Your House!!

February 2, 2012
By

This idea might be the most radical, yet ridiculously simple and effective. Instead of marching on the street, join the occupy movement by occupying your house. Let me explain. The Occupy movement claims that 1% of population controls all the wealth in the world and the working class, the remaining 99% has nothing. How...

Read more »

Touch People, Not Phones!

January 16, 2012
By

With all the new gadgets flooding the market of electronic technology (iPhone, Ipads, Droids and such), Watchdogs and Oksana Yoga present a new campaign: Touch People, not Phones! The goal of this campaign is to encourage human face-to-face communication, embrace, emotional support and personal interaction. So many people find themselves in front of computer...

Read more »

Frost kissed priceless

January 12, 2012
By
Frost kissed priceless

This sign was posted 2 days ago at Lucky’s supermarket in Pacifica, California. I have seen it in other stores as well. “Frost kissed”, not “frost bitten” – the ingenuity of supermarket marketing doesn’t cease to amaze me. This is a perfect example. Read on the sign: Only 60 cents each.

Read more »

Skip to toolbar