In the effort to better understand the heated subject of vaccinations and to investigate further claims that vaccines actually cause more damage than good if any, I have contacted the authorities in this matter: CDC, FDA and WHO (World Health Organization).
Only CDC reposponded to me. And only once.
My second letter to the CDC's public affairs specialist Arleen Porcell-Pharr was not answered. I publish it here in hopes to 1) get a response and 2) educate others on this controversial subject.
RE: Vaccinations: adverse effects and damage to immune system Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:25 PM
From: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>Add sender to ContactsTo: “Arleen (CDC/OD/OEC)Porcell-Pharr” <email@example.com>
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I still have some questions.
I reviewed the information in your email and did not understand the following:
* Where are the statistical numbers about vaccines preventing the deceases are coming from?
> is a proven strategy for protection against
> vaccine-preventable diseases” – Source? (Medical study?)
* How do “not-immunized” children “increase the chance that others will get the disease.”? Isn't it more accurate to say “Not-immunized children may or may not get the decease and if they do, then they increase the chance of infecting others..”?
* On CDC website there are statements on one page that contradict each other: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm . In What you should know section, it says “All routinely recommended pediatric vaccines manufactured for the U.S. market contain no thimerosal or only trace amounts.”… lower in the Common substances in vaccines, I find “Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine”. FDA has a whole section on it with the table of which vaccines contain this ingredient: http://www.fda.gov/CBER/vaccine/thimerosal.htm
* What is Health Marketing and what role does it play in CDC? I called CDC and they said that Health Marketing is “part of CDC”, “it is one of our branches”.. Please elaborate on that. Do they write content for CDC website?
* Why would VEARS and FDA need FOI Act to release this information? Isn't it their primary goal (as government organizations) to educate public about any adverse effects/cases?
I may have more questions as I'm still trying to understand the issue.
Did you watch the documentary I emailed you? It's called “Vaccinations, The hidden truth“. I'd be interested to hear your comments on that as well as answers to my questions above.
Founder & Content Producer http://watchdogsblog.com